Dean Hollingworth, CSCS, MTPS
Director of Fitness
With over 20 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, Dean has established himself as a highly regarded fitness consultant. A certified strength and conditioning specialist, as well as a certified tennis performance specialist, the Montreal native has extensive experience working with youths and young adults in helping them to develop speed, agility, coordination, and strength.
Dean’s rapid rise in the fitness community can be attributed to his honest dedication to excellence in his field. Working with various Quebec organizations as a youth fitness specialist has given Dean many opportunities to develop athletes in tennis, hockey, gymnastics, and football.
Dean’s strong passion for sports has led him to work and consult with both amateur and professional athletes, including those belonging to prominent National teams.
• 1998- Elected to the post of Provincial Director for the National Strength and Conditioning Association in Quebec.
• 2002- Received the Bronze Award from the NSCA for his support and promotion of the organization.
• 2006- Hired as Fitness Director at Club Sportif Cote-de-Liesse, Montreal, Quebec.
• 2013- Trainer for Eugenie Bouchard, currently ranked 20th on the WTA Tour. (May 2014)
• 2014- Trainer for Francoise Abanda, currently ranked 261st on the WTA Tour. (May 2014)
• 2014- Strength Coach for the Canadian Fed Cup Team.
• 2015- MTPS certification.
James has a B.A in Arts & Science with a major in Anthropology and a minor in Education from Concordia University. While he once aspired to be a high school teacher, he turned his passion for fitness into a career. He has received his personal training certification with Ataraxia, and has a spinning certification from Schwinn Fitness. James is I specialized in weight gain and weight loss.
James has been in the fitness industry for about 4 years, but much of his experience comes from his own personal passion in training. Being a member of a gym for over 12 years, you can learn a lot and it’s this knowledge and passion he loves to instil in his clients. With a focus on functional and bodybuilding ideologies, he offers a wide variety of programs and training for all clients.
James has been involved in sports his entire life. When he’s not at the gym, golfing, playing hockey or flag football, he likes to watch movies and read a good book. He is a firm believer that training and fitness is a lifestyle. ‘’We all have different reasons to train or styles of training. Whatever yours is don’t stop because you’ll regret it when you want to start all over. Stay dedicated, stay motivated, stay in shape.’’